It starts in the kitchen

“>IMG_4055-1.JPG
They say Exercise is only 20% of your fit program and the other 80% belongs in the kitchen. Organic cereal from Aldi’s and some fresh blueberries seemed to be the perfect combination for a healthy start to the day.

Following breakfast, I was eager to push the limits on a morning walk. Today marks three weeks since I had foot surgery. I’m so thankful for a good recovery and even though it is still a bit tender, I was able to get a good 6 miler in.

IMG_4059.JPG

I never forget the water consumption that is required for a healthy diet either. Half your body weight in ounces. I still have to remind my self daily. That is a lot of water for me! After consuming nearly 50 oz of water it was time to prepare some lunch.

IMG_4061.JPG
I juiced up some cucumber, celery, kale, ginger, banana, strawberries, carrots and some ice-cubes my NINJA.

Somewhere between 5pm and 6pm my husband brought home some fried fish and biscuits from Red Lobster. I did good, I only consumed one piece of fish and two of those delicious biscuits. That wasn’t so bad–so I thought. However, just moments ago I enjoyed a nice bowl of Butter Pecan ice cream. I seriously emptied the bowl. I did resist the urge to lick it like the way I did when I was a kid. 😄

IMG_4071.JPG

<a href="https://

Knowing that I burned 1,400 calories during my workout and I need a good 1200 daily not to mess up my metabolism, I'm patting myself on the back for being fit and healthy today. After all, One day at a time and it'll all work out.

Advertisements